My Favorite Things

MFT December Release Countdown Day 4

Hello and welcome to Countdown Day 4 of the My Favorite Things December Release! I may have missed the first day of the countdown, but I’m here and ready to roll! Today is quite the special project that will be featured in this month’s Release Class, which means not only will the full instructions of how to recreate this card be available in the MFT Educational Resources, and Stephanie also be recreating this in a video on MFTv as well.

As you can see here, I used our new Painted Flowers set. I’m huge fan of more abtract like floral images than very detailed ones, so I enjoyed playing with this set very much! I have also utilized some stamping techniques to be able to create this card on dark cardstock with the use of some white pigment ink and dye inks.

Do you see the whimsical details on those leaves? Those are so adorable and add such a unique feature to this set. Love, love, love them. I paired the beautiful florals up with our older All About You sentiment set that goes along with the Die-namics You Trio, one of my all-time favorite sentiment sets. And of course, I have to add some Nuvo Crystal Drops for a little extra embellishments cause those are so fun and easy to work with. No more enamel dots for me!

Be sure to check out the MFT Resources to see the details of how this card was made. Be sure to visit the MFT Blog every day during the countdown for more release content and projects from participating design team members. All release product will be available Tuesday, December 5 at 9pm EST in the MFT Store.

Cheers,

Supplies

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

Beth
    December 2, 2017 at 4:03 am

This card is beautiful! I’m so glad it will be part of the release class, because it’s really inspiring! I have a question about Nuvo drops. Do you ever get a rather “stiff peak”- kind of like the top of acandy kiss when using them? I love the drops, but sometimes this happens to me, and I end up with dots of color that are an odd shape. Do you experience this, and do you have any tips for working with them? Thank you! Again, this is a gorgeous card! Love all of the beautiful details!

keeway
      December 2, 2017 at 1:15 pm

Hi Beth. I know exactly what you’re talking about, and what I do is hold it just like 1 mm above the paper and gently squeeze the bottle and the drop will expand outward. Dont lift your position until you have squeezed enough of the nuvo to reach the size of drop you want. You may see a tiny peak but its so small that gravity slowly pushes it down before it fully dries. Hoep this helps!

Beth
        December 3, 2017 at 2:47 am

Thank you! I’ll try that!

Dee Ann Matthews
    December 2, 2017 at 5:43 am

Wow! The painted flowers are so strikingly beautiful and elegant in dark colors!

Andrea Hastilow
    December 2, 2017 at 2:39 pm

This card is beautiful just like the saying, the colours used on the entire card are a huge wow ! X

Lagene
    December 3, 2017 at 6:03 am

WOWZERS WOWZERS! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Victoria Banaszak
    December 3, 2017 at 10:15 am

This looks great on the black card stock! Very pretty!

Janet Ingraham
    December 3, 2017 at 8:31 pm

I’ve never seen anything like this. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Marjorie Dumontier
    December 4, 2017 at 3:45 am

That’s such a fantastic card ! The colour combination is gorgeous !! margessw@icloud.com

Kleri
    December 5, 2017 at 3:50 am

Fantastic card!Love the contrast!Trully beautiful!Thank you for the inspiration!

MFT December Release New Product Launch | Kiwi Koncepts